Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Iljimae rant and review

Iljimae is set during the Joseon Dynasty, when the government is corrupt. Ryung is a useless gangster by day but a chivalrous robber by night, a Korean equivelant of Robin Hood. At the site of every robbery, he leaves a drawing of a plum blossom. Thus the villager know him only as Iljimae.

On the whole, Iljimae was great. It is one of mah fave dramas. Buuuuuuuuuut, it had a wierd beginning(first 3 or so episodes were crap) and a terrible terrible terrible ending. Terrible. I heard the last episode was filmed the day it aired.
But the plot was great. It wasn't another love-triangle-the-more-you-hate-each-other-at-first-the-more-likely-you-will-end-up-together kinda thing. It had me crying god knows how many times, even though I have watched it more than 5 times.
Oh and the acting was great. Iljimae made me like lee jun ki, who was just wonderful. And other actors like Lee Moon Shik and Lee Young Ah were great as well.
But I was annoyed with ze holier-than-thou Eun Chae and the emo-angst-ihateeverybody Shi Hoo.

Yups. That's all for now I guess.

Iljimae pics:

Come on. Don't tell me this didn't make you laugh.

No comments: